Honolulu, Oahu Climate & Temperature
- Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii is at 21°21'N, 157°56'W, 5 m (16 ft). See map.
- Honolulu, Oahu has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate with a pronounced dry season in the high-sun months, no cold season, wet season is in the low-sun months (Köppen-Geiger classification: As).
- The average temperature is 25.1 degrees Celsius (77.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 4.7 °C (8.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 559.3 mm (22 inches) which is equivalent to 559.3 Litres/m² (13.72 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3172 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Honolulu, Oahu you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Maun, Botswana where you would find a Subtropical steppe climate (Subtropical thorn woodland biome).
Honolulu, Oahu Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Honolulu, Oahu Climate Graph in Metric Units
Honolulu, Oahu Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: